Well, now the summer is on us, your soles just seem to look dirty and need a whiten! Looking down at your feet and thinking “yeah, I should really get round to cleaning those”, have I got a quick fix for you!
We’ve created this blog post to guide you through the process of cleaning your white shoe soles. This process is perfect for any white sole. In fact, the process we are going to use and the products are perfect for absolutely any colored sole, too!
We’re giving you the choice to either watch our video or read this blog post, both are below:
- Give your shoes a quick visual inspection, make sure there are no large clumps of mud that will make a mess of your kitchen or dining room floor! If you do spot any dirt, brush it off or use a specific cleaning product.
- Once you’re happy all of the loose dirt has been brushed off your shoes, your next step is to grab your trusty sponge and put some of the Universal Cleaner onto the sponge. A little goes a very long way, so for the first time just be careful you don’t soak the sponge. It’s a waste of your product and it won’t clean the shoe any better.
- Start rubbing the product onto the sides of the sole. The reason for this is they are usually cleaner than the bottom of the shoe, meaning you won’t spread dirt around. You should start seeing a cleaner result in 5-10 seconds as you move the dirt and it soaks into the sponge.
- Keep going! Once you have finished the sides, move onto the bottom of the shoe until you’re happy that you’ve cleaned the whole sole, which is now icy white like it was when brand new.
- Leave your shoes to dry for 15-20 minutes in a well-ventilated area before wearing.
Yup, it’s as easy as that!
Below are the products we’ve used in this tutorial. They are available to purchase from our shop, simply click on the photos or the links. Need some extra help or advice on cleaning your shoes? Feel free to email us: email@example.com
Famaco Universal Cleaner – £8.60 (absolutely amazing cleaning just about every surface of your shoe)
MY BAG Cleaning Sponge – £2.20 (a really durable sponge, soaks in the dirt and easy to clean)